FOR GDPR information click here:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When engaging KGS Limited, the following contract conditions apply:
- Any quotation is valid for 90 days from the date of submission. After that date KGS Ltd reserves the right to revise the quotation.
- The fees quoted are for the research design and services as set out in the research specification; any changes made at the client’s request may result in additional fees.
- On acceptance of the quotation, fees will be invoiced as follows: 50% on commission / 50% on completion. All quotations are provided in British Pounds Sterling and exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated. Any budget for incentives to be paid in full on commission.
- All invoices are due for settlement within 30 days of invoice date unless otherwise specified and agreed in advance. Invoices unpaid on expiry of the agreed period may be charged interest at 5% above bank base rate for each day outstanding. The Company reserves the right to vary the rate of interest charged.
KGS Ltd also reserves the right to withhold data and/or study results pending settlement of any outstanding invoices.
- In the event of cancellation or postponement of a research project once commissioned, a fee may be charged by KGS Ltd to cover the costs of all work undertaken and commitments made up to the time of receipt of formal notification from the client, including an appropriate proportion of profit.
The standard cancellation/postponement fees are as follows:
14 days’ notice from start of data collection – discretionary charge
8 – 13 days’ notice from start of data collection – 50% fee
7 days or less – 100% fee
- The client shall indemnify KGS Ltd against all costs and liabilities which may arise in consequence of the use or demonstration of any goods or services supplied by the client for the purposes of the research project.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all reports, tabulations, questionnaires and other project documentation remain the copyright of KGS Ltd and may not be published, quoted or reproduced without the permission of KGS Ltd.
- In line with advice from the GDPR, no completed paper questionnaires will be stored by KGS ltd for longer than 12 months from the date of the interview, unless specifically requested by a client at the project outset.
Any client or 3rd party provided sample will be maintained in accordance with the GDPR.
- In the event of an error caused by the negligence or otherwise of KGS Ltd in any reports or tabulations supplied to the client, KGS Ltd will use its best endeavours to correct the error at its own expense, but will not be held liable for the consequence of the error beyond the provision of corrected reports and tabulations.
- If any research project carried out by KGS Ltd involves the prediction of future sales, market shares or other aspect of consumer behaviour it must be recognised that such predictions, while made in good faith, are intended only as an aid to the client’s judgement and that KGS Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss suffered by the client as a result of any error in such predictions.
- All aspects of the KGS Ltd’s research projects will be performed in accordance with the MRS Code of Conduct and ISO 20252.
- In the event of any dispute, reference may be made by KGS Ltd and its client, jointly, to arbitration procedures.
Any complaint by the customer relating to the invoice must be notified by the customer to the company in writing within 14 days of the date of the invoice.
- Monies outstanding beyond our normal credit terms.
Any account outstanding beyond our credit terms of reference (30 days unless stated in writing) will be referred and subject to a surcharge of £500 to cover the cost incurred; such accounts will also be subject to any other cost incurred in obtaining settlement including statutory interest.
- Any dispute regarding the terms of any contract is governed by the laws of England and Wales.